Monday, October 22, 2012

Halloween!

Well, everyone's favorite time of year has come! That's right, it's time for the annual, amazing, and only mildly corrupt Kiki costume voting extravaganza!!!!

This year, in an effort to streamline the selection process, we have stolen a page from the American electoral system and have been holding primary elections all year long.  It is a rigorous and exhaustive process wherein Kiki, my wife and I each all have a single vote to cast. Tallying the votes is a very technical and complicated affair, involving several complex algorithms, a sophisticated predictive software program, and at least three independent accounting firms auditing the results, but in short, my votes don't count, my wife said "this is dumb" and basically Kiki decides. Thus, I bring you your voting options for 2012:

A) A princess
B) A princess
C) A princess
D) A dinosaur. Ha, nope, just kidding, it's a princess too.

So, much like our electoral system, we find ourselves with a lot of choices that all seem the same and are all vaguely disappointing.

It's not that I have any real dislike of princesses, but I always imagined dressing my little girl up like Amelia Earhart or Marie Curie rather than, well, Snow White. I know, I am basically the biggest nerd on earth. But at least we will put her in some boots so she's kind of a badass princess. I mean, this is still a little girl who can kick some ass and isn't just waiting for a prince to rescue her:


No comments:

Post a Comment